28.1.15

#getit

I didn’t even make it a full thirty days before I missed a blog!  I feel terrible about that, but I have come down with the flu.  Usually, I’m quite impervious to illnesses – I just muscle through them, go for a sweat and end up feeling better.  Not this time.  Nope.
I spent all of yesterday lying in bed.  It was a struggle just to get up to vomit and if ever I’ve wished for someone to be around to coddle and care for me, it was yesterday.  Everything was a struggle, and that made for a rough day.
Over the last thirty six hours, I’ve managed to sleep for many of them.  Clearly, my body needs the rest, but I can’t help but thinking about all of the other things I should be doing with my time.  There’s PhD research to do, writing to tap, and revisions to start.  But I just can’t seem to kick start my brain. 

Maybe this is my body reset for my thirty second year much as my trip to NYC was my mental reset.  Either way, I’m not happy about watching the hours click by on the clock without doing something with my day.  So, I’m going to camp out in bed again today with some peppermint tea, my machine and Rilke.  Maybe some good old fashioned German-English poetry will help nip this in the bud. 

2 comments:

  1. I would have taken care of you if I'd known! Hope you are feeling better! A-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling A-Ok! Finally back to it :) Thanks, girl!

    ReplyDelete