1.1.15

First Day!


                                                       I'm in my zone, I'm feelin it' ... 
                                                       


Arrived at the gym to walk in exactly at 8 when the doors unlocked.  This is the first day of the New Year, the first day of MY New Year.  2015!  Rocked a killer workout, and then came home to make these flax pancakes.  I'm feeling strong, alive, aware.  

Later this month, I'll celebrate my thirty second birthday. I’ve planned a trip to NYC to visit with Sig and have a great dinner with Efed and a bunch of the Russians.  But that’s not for another twenty days or so.  In the meantime, these days are about planning – setting into motion the ideas that I’ve been chewing over this winter, and finding ways to encourage my growth as a human. 

So this is where I am right now.  Everyone starts out a new year with ideas of what s/he wants to accomplish in the next three hundred and sixty five days.  I’ve decided, for 2015, to take the opposite approach.  Not because I’m some curmudgeon, but because I really think when one looks for the ways to improve, it’s easy to become overwhelmed.

The Law of Attraction suggests that if one is willing to put something into the ethos, it will come back.  So, there’s no negative or positive, just truth.  I seek truth in this year, in every capacity.  I know that opens the door to things that might not be entirely positive on the onset, but damn man, I’ve lived a life.  I want to see the real.  That’s not too much to ask, right?

What don’t I want for this year? 

I don’t want to be consumed by my demons.  To continue living in the shadows of past transgressions, both on my part and others.  I don’t want to live this year in pain for the things that have happened in years’ past, because it does nothing to advance myself. 
I don’t want to stop believing that there’s a way to excel, and to achieve what I want out of this life.  It’s easy to be bogged down with bullshit.  I think it takes a truly enlightened human to look for the light when only darkness is being shown.
I don’t want to stop working toward my goals.  I have a concrete idea of what I want out of this new sun rotation (see my previous post on my intention board) and I intend to make these things happen.  Refusing to succumb to the fleeting thought that I can’t do (insert task/goal here) should encourage me to keep moving forward.
I don’t want to stop seeking.  It is through the process of reaching for truth that one can find the light. 

Only fair and in the balance I seek that I end this first post with what I do want.  


I do want happiness, truth, and love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment