23.1.15

Birthday Bound

I can’t believe twenty three days of this challenge have already passed by.  Crazy to think the New Year started such a short time ago.  Though for the record, it seems like my spirit has gone from tomorrow to yesterday and back in these three short weeks.
Speaking of going from tomorrow to yesterday, today I leave for a birthday trip to NYC!  I am so excited to spend some time with my people in New York.  After I land, I’ll meet up with Sig and hang.  We’re lifting together on Saturday morning, which should be amazing, and I hope to learn some new tricks.  If you’re ever in New York and need a good trainer, check him out.  The kid is a beast. 

I’m trading in this man-sized sweat bracelet branded with his company for girly one.  


This one is cool and all, and I rock it when I’m lifting at the gym, but it’s way too big.  I just hope the new one isn’t pink!  After our lift sesh, I’m going to meet Efed at Times Square and kick it Nati style in the Big Apple.  She’s taking the train from Philly and I can’t wait to see her.

For my twenty-ninth, my friends surprised me with a party.  I’m usually good at sniffing out subterfuge, but for this bash, I had no idea!  Ghost took me to Cincy Workshop on the pretext that we were going to look at some new art.  I was bored with the idea, but went along with it anyway.  Good thing I did!  Little did I know that all of my friends had assembled at CW for a surprise party.  They even thought to get vegan food and of course (my fave) Grippos.  I walked in to my group of friends, all gathered in one space.  That was enough to make my heart melt.  But then.  The surprises of all surprises.  Efed walked out, and I was completely.  I’d spoken with her earlier in the day and she told me she was in Paris for a lame meeting.  This was during the time that she was living in the UK, so a meeting in Paris seemed totally legit.  But no!  She make the trip, travelled the expanse of miles just for me.  Well fuck.  If that’s not love, I don’t know what it is. 


Three years later, she and I have the opportunity to have a weekend together in NYC.  I’m stoked to share this time with her, even more so because I know that whatever we get into is going to be “Nananannananananana” cray.  Want the explanation for that?  You’ll have to ask her.

No comments:

Post a Comment