25.1.15

Time Flies ...

when you're having fun :)

This New Year is flying by.  Time to take stock of what I’ve learned over the last twenty five days and begin to consider what my goals for next month will be.
When I challenged myself to write a blog a day, I thought that it would become one of those automated tasks, something that I just did without any real planning.  Silly I know, coming from the girl who writes lists for everyone, and whose list often says to check the list. In this month, I’ve learned so much about what it really takes to write something that is fit for consumption day in and out.  It takes … wait for it … time.  Like, a lot of time.
Not that I’m complaining.  I love lab sitting and I love tapping my fingers on these keys, exploring new ways in which I can allow my voice to be heard.  But, it really does take more forethought than I initially suspected.  And, while I love time like I love planning a macro-fitting meal, I realize that in order for this to sustain over the course of the year, I’m going to need to plan a little bit better.
So, this month, I’ve focused on time and the ways in which time affects and effects my life.  Watching clocks change has long been a great pleasure of mine because it’s as if I am able to actually capture the moment that I see passing before me.  Much the same is the blog.  I’m capturing the moments that mean something, that are worthwhile, that are in accordance with the way I see fit to spend my time.
I’ve just returned from a birthday trip to NYC and it was epic!  I have so much to write about it, but for now, I’ll leave it at this.  The time it took Efed to plan her surprise was and is amazing.  In the truest, most literal sense of the word.  I am amazed that she did what she did for my birthday, and even more overjoyed that she saw it fitting to spend her time in such a way.  I am feeling quite blessed and very loved.  I’ll write about my trip later.  Now, I need to sleep.  A weekend in the city is enough to make anyone’s brain a little fuzzy.


No comments:

Post a Comment