4.3.15

Yup Yup

Today has been a day.  It’s my off day, which is always welcomed.  I woke wearing only one sock.  What does that even mean?  I gave up caffeine on Saturday, and already I’m feeling the difference.  Even though I only slept six hours, those hours were rested, full of everything I needed.
So. This morning, I gave props to the world as I do every morning and then realized my sock.  It made me grin, and set the tone for the rest of the day.  Puttered around my place, finalized my thirty plus pages for my advisor, officially submitted my thesis and set off for the gym.  As I’ve mentioned, Wednesday is leg day.  I attacked my squats and weighted lunges with a fury I haven’t felt in a while.  After, I had a great kettlebell session and left feeling decidedly full.
When I arrived home, I found my steamer waiting at my door.  Huzzah!  Thig hipped me to the idea of steamer, and given my acceptance of a Pitta-Vata diet, it only made sense that I order one.  Last night, I came home to two pounds of mung beans, direct from India, and promptly put a cup to soak.  With the arrival of my steamer, it only made sense that I make a dal.
Now, anyone who knows me for five minutes or less quickly realizes I love cooking like I love words. So excited to make something with my steamer, I crafted a recipe that I thought would fit with my dal.  And look!  Doesn’t it look delish?


This is #vegancooking at it’s finest.  Asparagus. Tomatoes. Zucchini. Mung bean dal. How could anyone say no to this kind of meal?  While sitting in my lab and smelling the coriander and curry slowly rolling to a boil, I realized how whole this kind of thing makes me.  Not only did I make amazing progress on my new short story collection, but I crafted a fabulous meal to boot. Even sent off a draft of my shorts to Mulli for a first read.  Bonus that it’s snowing.  I’m feeling decidedly content. And very well nourished.  

1 comment: