31.3.15

March is Ending

Well.  The month of nourishment posts has come to an end.  It’s wild to think this is the last post of the month.  It seems like I just started this challenge.
Over the last thirty one days, I’ve learned so much.  Not just about who I am as a human, a writer, or a woman, but about what I need in the day to day to sustain and fulfill me.  One of the beautiful things about being a writer is that words offer a sort of benchmark.  That is, unlike other creative works, writing offers the author and the audience a chance to look back and see progression.
Maybe the reason the Universe called to me to write about nourishment wasn’t so much to discover what helps me feel whole as to understand that this process, this journey, this life, is as much about looking back as it is about looking forward.
One of my favorite Bhakti teachers often leads us into poses that just don’t … feel right.  She does this on purpose – to remind us that what is behind us isn’t correct, what’s in front of us isn’t correct, but what’s right now, in the moment, is exactly where we need to be.
With that, I’ll end this month.

Stay tuned tomorrow! It’s National Poetry Month, and the posts are sure to surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment