19.3.15

Introspection

Lackluster days make it hard to find something to write about that nourishes me.  Today was, by and large, a grey day.  The weather was somber, making me less than enthusiastic, and that’s always fodder for bullshit. 
Midway through my day, I booked tickets to DC in June.  Rubin and I are heading there to explore the city, visit the museums, see what it has to offer.  It will be my first time in the capital of this country; but Rubin travels there often.

I have dreamed of running in DC for as long as I have been running.  That I’ll be taking this trip with someone who is so kind and kindred is just icing.
After I bought my ticket, I sat back and looked around my office.  The fish man had just come to clean the saltwater aquarium we have in the reception area of the office.  The water was super clear, the fishes happy, the coral swaying in the breeze of the automated filter.  I looked back at my monitor screen, reviewing the purchase I just made and realized …
The wholesomeness of being nourished has less to do with what I think I need, and more to do with what actually comes to fruition.  The DC trip, for example, has long been a dream of mine.  The dental career I have, the position I’ve clawed my way to, has long been a source of pride, both fiscally and professionally.  Both of these things nourish my spirit, albeit in different ways. 
I returned home and sat to pages.  UGK and some clear direction for my characters finds me feeling whole, alive, real.  This is a completely different style of nourishment, but one that I dig. 

All in all, this wasn’t that grey of a day after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment