22.3.15

#thatsmybach

I stepped out of my element today and flip-flopped my schedule.  Instead of heading straight for the gym for #gunsday, I spent my morning on meal prep.  Crafted some amazing and delicious food for the upcoming week, and it felt great doing so.  Wonderful use of my time, and so nourishing to boot.  WGUC’s Sunday Baroque playing softly in the corner, my countertops overloaded with vegetables, seasonings, sauces.  Made up five new recipes that involve all kinds of fun foods – mycoproteins, ginger, asparagus.  I can’t wait to eat all of this food!

After, I went for a run, which sucked ass. But it was a good reminder that not every run is stellar; and the point of my running isn’t just the run.  It’s the quiet space that happens in my mind that allows me to compartmentalize my thoughts into working order.  Raced back to my space to get ready for an afternoon Bach concert.  

Right now, Boch-Fest is going on in the Nati …only right then that Bach get some recognition too, right?  The concert was held at De Sales church in Walnut Hills.  It’s one of those building that I’ve driven past countless times in my life, but have never been inside.  The interior didn’t disappoint at all; amazing stained glass work, lovely cathedral ceilings, beautiful relief sculptures.  The combination of the company, the space and the music took me to a wonderfully nourished mind-space.  Once the concert finished, headed downtown to Goodfella’s Pizza for a slice.  Reminded me of NYC and my birthday, rambling around Times Square with Willis still slightly drunk the morning after that epic vodka party.  How utterly fantastic.

As the afternoon faded into evening, I found myself counting blessings.  Not just the moments from this weekend, but by and large, the moments of my life.  Nourishment is the act of seeking out the experiences which help me to grow as a human, a woman, a writer.  As the weekend caps, and I begin prep for the week ahead, I can’t help but think I’m on to something with this whole thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment