24.10.15

#willisweddingweekend

Sweet Saturday

It’s #willisweddingweekend! Willis marries her love this evening and I’m honored to be a part of her special day.
Last night was the rehearsal and dinner. We practiced how to walk, where to stand, and then shared a wonderful meal with Willis, her intended and those near and dear to them. At one point during dinner, I sat back and just looked around ... it amazed me to realized that most of the folks at the table have been in my life in one form or another for well, almost my entire life. There aren't too many folks in their 30's who can say that they're still close with those with whom they shared their early years. I'm fortunate that I am one of the few who can say that!

Watching two people who love one another exchange vows and pledge their lives is something precious. It’s inherently sweet, a moment full of promise and weight. Like the rest of the world, weddings always make me cry. I had to hold back something serious at Ghost’s wedding a few weeks ago so that I wasn’t a blubbering mess … though my resolve caught up to me when he said his vows, I managed to stay almost-tear free the whole ceremony. I anticipate that this wedding will be much the same. Who doesn’t love seeing two people in love?

Even more, knowing that Willis has found her Forever, that one person with whom she can always be herself is spectacular. It gives me hope that there is someone for everyone. My heart is still so full from Ghost’s wedding; I can’t imagine how much more I’ll be beaming come this evening. These nuptials mean that there are only a few folks left in my social circle who haven’t listened to Beyonce. I’m sure the time is coming for the last holdouts!  Love does rule the world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment