9.10.15

Joining Forces

Fabulous Friday

It’s Wedding Week! Ghost gets married tomorrow. I can’t believe it.

Over the course of this week, I’ve been giving much thought to Ghost, Efed, and the fantastic connection that the three of have managed to maintain from childhood through now. I know it’s a bit unusual for siblings to be so close, especially when we all are leading such vastly different lives. Somehow we’ve managed to make it work, and it’s no secret I count these two as my best friends.


Even though he’s been engaged for months, and the wedding preparations have been in full swing for a while, I find it baffling that Ghost is getting married … not because he’s an ogre or something, but because well – Ghost getting married is sort of like the culmination of a long line of progress. It means that he’s managed to achieve much of what he’s wanted in this life. It’s been a treat and a joy to watch him go from doing the things he used to do to living the find of life he has now, and even though it’s not always the way I would live, it’s what makes him happy. So this week, I’ve allowed my mind to drift back to fun little moments that he and I have shared over the years, and I’ve realized that along with Efed, it’s likely no one is ever going to know me quite like he does. 

That he has the opportunity now to marry his best friend is a comfort to me; it means that he’s forever going to be taken care of, that he’ll have someone by his side, that he’ll be loved and safe. It’s fabulous, really, to think that he’s found his Forever. If only we are all so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment