2.10.15

New Things

Fabulous Friday

#fitnessfriday and #fridayfeature are getting well, a little stale ...

And they’re hard to write about week after week … figured I’d change things up for this month, as much because I can as because most often, change is usually a good thing. So enter Fabulous Friday! What better way to end the work week than to showcase something amazing and delightful, something that is especially stupendous, phenomenal and remarkable, right?

As I reflect on this week and pluck from the events I experiences something that was amazingly good and wonderful, I realize that far too often, I consider the things that are frustrating in life and not those that bring me joy. There’s a lyric from one of my favorite rappers that goes, “I was countin’ what was on my bucket list and not on my blessings” … how apt. It’s so important to pause from time to time and remember the good and the light in the world.


On Wednesday, I took some time to do the things that make the world a better place – I made bath salts for Willis since she’s stressed to the max with the final preparations for her wedding, I visited my favorite little neighborhood library, I caught up on some reading and writing, and an assorted box of deliciously decadent tea arrived. For some folks, none of that would sound inherently fabulous, I know. 

But it was an almost perfect day for me! The weather was dreary and overcast, and called to mind nestling in my lab and working on my words; I found such joy in stretching out on the sofa after I made the bath salts and simply being. It was a delicious way to spend my time. Later in the afternoon, I had deadlifts at the gym and I got a PR on my sumo lifts! 215 pounds, what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment