10.10.15

Logging my Miles

Sweet Saturday

Well, it's Wedding Day! Ghost officially gets hitched today. Wild how far we've come.

This week, there have been so many moments of sweetness. I had a very introspective conversation with a dear friend about movement - lateral or horizontal and the ways in which the need to see new horizons keeps us moving forward. Good food for thought. I also made some kick ass walnut butter that is super legit.

Perhaps the sweetest moment of the week was Wednesday when I had one of the best early-morning sunrise runs that I've had in a while. Look at this picture I snapped while I was crossing over the Norwood Lateral. The sun was coming up in such a perfect way, highlighting the buildings underneath it. I think I've photographed the tracks that run under the Lateral at least a dozen times, both from the bridge I was standing on for this picture and from the other side. There's something about tracks that call to me - and even more, something about this particular view that captivates me. I paused for just long enough to take the picture and then kept on moving, but the ethereal sort of feeling that the orange light offered me stuck with me through the rest of the day.

Maybe that sort of pleasant characteristic is what I seek when I'm out on my runs; maybe i haven't been conscious of my root need to push my feet any more than I have the end result. But I know that savoring these next few weeks of running before the weather turns brisk and I'm forced to layer up or log my miles on the mill really does something for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment