8.10.15

One Word Leads to Many

Thursday's Thought

Each day is a little life; every waking and rising a little birth; every fresh morning a little youth; every going to rest and sleep a little death. – A. Schopenhauer

How true! It’s so easy for me to boggle myself with the eventual – you know, all the plans that I spend so much time crafting, carefully sketching out the kind of future that I want to live, and forget that each of these moments that lead to tomorrow are stand alone blessings. Every morning, I wake and clap my hands. 

Verbally, I thank the World for giving me another day. For almost two years, I’ve been repeating the same phrase over and over. In September, something shifted and I found myself saying new words, a small phrase that has more meaning and isn’t said just to be said. The change has been impacting, and helpful. Just as much as each day is a little life, it’s important to remember to pause just a moment and appreciate the fact that every dawn is a chance to begin again. Far too often, I rush around, thinking about what I nee to do tomorrow instead of focusing on what should be done today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment