11.10.15

Thankful Moments

Sunday Summary

Wow what a weekend! Efed and I were able to be a part of Ghost's special day yesterday while we watched him exchange vows with his new beautiful bride. It was lovely, touching, and absolutely perfect. Welcoming a new sister into our family is as much a ritual in the wedding as it is taking part in the small moments every day that helps a craft the connections that are shared. I know that me she is a wonderful companion for my brother, a fantastic mother to my nephews, and ultimately a wonderful person. I'm so excited to see the two of them grow, as individuals, as a couple of, and as a family.

Aside from the brilliance of the day, yesterday was a nice reminder of every reason why this place has been home to me for so long. Reconnecting with old friends, seeing those who haven't been around much, and finding the time and space to have conversations of meaning and merit or something that my soul needed. It's far too easy to become so involved in my own world that I forget their others outside as well.

Efed gave me a bit of advice today, and as the older sister, she is always right. She said that happy people who are thankful but thankful people who are happy. As always her words are in point and exactly correct.

This coming week should be a whirlwind! 20 days until my show, and im squeezing in a trip to Cali this week in between Willis's wedding and heading north to compete. I know that im likely to feel a bit overwhelmed, but as long as i stay on target and remember Efed's advice, I think I'll be solid.
O! And Mood just released a new album! #natimusic #ohioagainsttheworld

No comments:

Post a Comment