18.10.15

A Right Place

Sunday's Summary

What a week. It was an up and down sort of experience ... highs and lows the likes I haven't seen in a while. I guess there's a really bi part of me that wonders what the fuck I'm going to do come November when I graduate my Master's ... and there's an even bigger part of me that (proud, as I am) knows that the completion of one goal simply opens the door for another one to take it's place. I'm trying to remember that as I navigate these next few weeks.
On Saturday, I pr'd my sumo deads at 225! Whatinthewhatwhat. It was brilliant and I'm still glowing form it. The sheer strength to lift up that much weight is something that was completely unattainable even just last month. Dedication and commitment to show up, every single day no matter what goes such a long way.
That said, today has been the sort of day that could have gone awry quickly. After waking so super late, I was feeling sluggish and not at all interested in doing well, anything. But I kicked myself into gear, got to lafit and had a killer session. After, a thorough flat cleaning seemed like the only appropriate thing to do, and I even scores a humidifier for the coming cold months.

As I prepare to close out the week and flip over the page in my calendar, I'm considering ways in which I can make the next seven days spectacular. Willis marries her love on Saturday the 24th, and I'm honored to be able to be a part of her special day. With that in mind, this week I hope to cultivate a spirit of love and gratitude. It is these two things that keep the world moving. Working on my new manuscript and sending out some submissions of my latest collection of poetry, A Lifetime of Wednesday's is also on my docket. I know that small steps make larger stride, which ultimately make this race of life manageable, doable and lively.

No comments:

Post a Comment