15.11.15

Turnin' Pages


Sunday Summary

Another week in the books. There are so few weeks left in this year! I don’t know what I’m going to do without the pressing promise to myself to write a daily blog once the calendar flips from 2015 to 2016. I’ve found this exercise to be incredibly therapeutic and entirely worthwhile. It’s forced me to keep my writing at the forefront of my mind, every single day. Now I’m beginning to consider what I should be doing with this project for 2016. Just like with all other creative projects, I’m almost considering all of these three hundred and some-odd entries as one big draft. I’m rolling around some ideas for content for ’16, and I’ll likely keep at this, if only because it keeps me in line.

This week marks the start of my last week at residency; I’ll be graduating my Master’s on Saturday. Holy shit, right?! I’m planning to take an auxiliary term in May, so it won’t be the last time I’m walking around Fourth Street, but it’s the last time I’m an official student. I don’t want to let this go! It’s been such a journey, not just as an exploration of my craft and commitment to such, but it’s also been the first time in my adult life that I’ve had the chance to be surrounded by so many like-minded writerly folk.


Welcome the present moment as if you had invited it. It is all we ever have so we might as well work with it rather than struggling against it. We might as well make it our friend and teacher rather than our enemy. – Pema Chodron

No comments:

Post a Comment