24.11.15

Growing a Friendship

Tuesday Truth

I missed my Sunday Summary a few days, hungover as I was on words from Residency. It's going to take a few days to process all of the awesomeness that ensued, but suffice it to say that I came out of it more complete and fulfilled than I have been in ages.

Adult friendships are hard to facilitate and even harder to maintain. My time at Residency reminded me just how important and vital these connections can be. I'm eternally grateful that Premo made the trip from Florida to be a post-grad assistant and that we finally got a run in together! (Even though it was on the treadmill, haha!) He and I shared good conversations ranging from rhetoric and theory to laughing at silly shenanigans. Though we keep up over email and text, seeing him in the flesh did me good.


Of equal merit was the time I got to spend with my Annie. It's rare that a person comes along in a life that so inherently gets me. Annie does just that. When we were introduced last May by the illustrious Roy Hoffman, I saw in Annie everything I see in myself, and I knew we were kin. As with Premo, Annie and I have managed to keep up with one another in between residencies.



I knew I was excited to see these two folks, but I didn't realize just what their presence in my life means until I got back to Regent and started thinking about residency. Both of these individuals are beasts in their own rights, and both are stand-up humans. That I can call them friends is pretty fantastic. I hope that I offer them even a small fraction of the light they bring to me.

#spaldinglove #spaldingmfa #annierocks #primopremo


No comments:

Post a Comment