1.11.15

#doubleboom

Sunday Summary

This week has been one of those weeks.

Maybe it’s the official end of summer, the herald of a new season, or the way the leaves have been falling from the trees that have reminded me to set fire to my dreams. Or maybe it’s because I’m getting a serious handle on my sleep and I’m feeding again now that my cut is done. Not sure, but I do know that I’ve felt like a rock-star most of the week.
My to-do lists have been smashed, daily. And when my days when funky, like Friday, rolling with the changes has been a source of joy and not one of worry.
I guess the biggest news is that I moved out of the lab. I know, right?! Me and my lab … that’s all I’ve written about this entire year. No, not really, but it feels like it. I logged a lot of hours in that weird room tucked off at the end of my flat, and it was good to me. I wrote a novel in there, finished chapbook, launched this blog and found much of my writerly voice.

But there’s been something off in that room for a few months now, which has not only resulted in a lag of all new creative works, but also a general feeling of malaise and despair. I could be getting way too hippie-drippy about it … the vibe was wrong, the shui was off; it was no good for me. So on Wednesday after hours of deads (oh, how I love my deadlift days!) I came back to Regent and flopped everything around. Me and my two screens are now camped comfortably in the main room, and my sweet dear lab has been transformed into a very-Victorian dressing room. I moved all my plants in there too so the winter sun to keep them alive over the next few months, and well, yeah. My writing vibe has returned strong and serious, and the whole spot just feels better. It’s amazing how a shift in perspective can change one’s perspective.

In other awesome-yet-annoying news, the clocks changes last night (or this morning, I have no idea really) so I guess that means I get another hour to my day. I mean, that’s what happens right? I get 25 to work with instead of 24? Double boom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment