28.9.15

Eclipsed

Sunday's Summary

... yea, yea, I know this is late! It's already Monday morning! But, I couldn't bring myself to write my post until after the amazing eclipse last night.

My wake up call comes super early - I'm up before dawn every day. In the back of my mind all day on Sunday I knew that the eclipse was going to happen, but I wasn't promising myself that I'd stay awake to see it ... this girl needs her sleep after all! With that in mind, I headed to sheets at my normal bedtime and decided that if by some chance I woke, then it was meant to be.

But let me back up a second. This past week was so interesting. Progress on the fitness front and the writing front, but more importantly, progress on the receiving-messages-from-the-Universe front. Take a look at this picture that Double U sent me from a quaint little town ...


Just earlier in the week, we were talking about my Shaman, and frequently Double U and I discuss many tenants of Buddhism and the path to leading a whole and happy life. That this image captured just about everything that is dear and precious to me in one single snap isn't coincidental. It can't be! The titles of the books displayed are so moving ... it is so easy to think poorly of myself, and to see the bad before I see the good. Nice reminder to see that "Life Loves You" titles just screaming out to me to be noticed.

I keep my phone (yes, it's back and fully functional!) on silent most of the time. It's just easier and frankly, hearing alerts is annoying. So last night, I received a message exactly NINE minutes before the peak of the eclipse was to occur. I have no idea how I woke, but I knew that once I did, it was time to head to my back stoop, Mala in hand. I stood in the grass in my night clothes, barefoot, clutching my Mala and praying to the moon. It was brilliant, needed, reviving and energizing ... the appropriate summation of a week that was challenging and trying on all front.

No comments:

Post a Comment