1.7.15

#whatupspiritanimal

awakening – the act or moment of being aware of something; coming into existence

July is here! Where is this year going, and how can I make it slow down?
It’s amazing that we’re in the seventh month of 2015, but it’s crazy to think that there are only five months left. June’s blog posts were a great exercise in creativity, but not super well planned out – trying to write shorts and flash pieces while editing my newest novel was a challenge, but with the exception of one day, I made it! (That brings, for anyone counting, a total of four missed posts for the entire year … not too bad of a ratio.) For the next few months, I’m going to be writing with a bit more measure. This will help me stay on track with revisions and new work, and also give some structure to these wanderings and musings.

So, today’s word … came to me while I was washing up dishes this morning. #mealprep yo. Becoming aware of something, or coming into existence is a process that many folks probably take for granted. I try to live presently, and by that I mean in the moment, every single day. Awakening to the truth that worth is defined by what one is willing to accept, I realized this morning that much like Kakfa discussed in his famous work, I am emerging. Not just from a cocoon of writing, but as a human. I’ve been caged and withdrawn, held captive by immobility because I’ve been worried about making a wrong step. Turns out that shit is whack, and doesn’t get me anywhere. These are the sorts of thoughts I’ve been rolling around in my head over the last few weeks.


Last night, I returned home late – it was almost eleven, and after my day, I was spent and tired. Pulling into the driveway, I was surprised/not surprised to see a RABBIT waiting for me. I turned down the Vaughn track I was listening to and just sat in Loretta, watching the grace and beauty of the rabbit. She sat on her hind legs, enjoying the moment, sensing her surroundings, being aware. I smiled, thanked the Universe, and made my way inside. Want to know the most awesome part? The rabbit didn’t move at the sound of my car door closing; instead, she turned to look at me, awakening to the fact that she wasn’t alone. Now, I’m not sure if she really did that, but I’m pretty sure she gave me the nod. 

#whatupspiritanimal #thanksforthemessage

No comments:

Post a Comment