11.7.15

Fantastic Returns

Saturday Summary

Well this sure seemed like a fast week. It feels like I was just writing a summary and here it is seven days later. I guess that’s what happens when one is so focused and concentrated on what one is doing.

So this week.

This week marks THREE important moments.
Firstly, it was the birth and death anniversary of my mother. Her spirit has been around all week for me, and I’ve found myself seeing her in all sorts of signs that only I (or my siblings) would ever notice … mainly in the form of Joni Mitchell songs being played in the most random of places. This year marks the third anniversary of her death, and I told Ghost that every year it gets a little easier. While that’s true, it never really leaves my mind. On Friday, I offered her spirit prayers and lit a candle in her honor.

This week also marks the return of my Shaman, who has been sailing the seas and largely absent from my life during this last quarter. The return of said Shaman seems fortuitous, as I took a very real, concrete and permanent step toward a future goal. With the blessing of my Shaman, I attacked said goal with the zeal and vigor that I’ve come to expect from myself. I’ll know soon if my target made her mark, and then I’ll be able to disclose this plan!

Thirdly, this week the Universe offered me the most divine and unexpected gift. It was so random, something I didn’t seek and is such an amazing opportunity. In the presentation of this gift, I was and am reminded that staying humble and remaining grateful are the pillars to a successful life.

By and large, this week reminded me that even though I’m an island, and even though I enjoy my solo time, I’m actually part of an archipelago. My siblings and my dear friends with whom I can connect on a daily, weekly, or quarterly basis bring me such joy, such light and such truth that sometimes I find myself just completely baffled. I am blessed.


So now I’m off to hang with my good artist friend and see a new studio space. I’m bringing along a nice dinner (#macros, yo) and we’ll probably have an evening walk around Ludlow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment