9.7.15

Driving Dreams

Thankful Thursday

I was driving behind a semi earlier today …
wait, let me back up – Loretta is back! And she’s as pretty as ever with a new bumper and o-my-stars how happy I am to be out of the Elantra and back into my Honda. Whew. I know I sound spoiled saying this, but I couldn’t wait to get my car back. I found myself not wanting to go anywhere because I didn’t want to drive the Elantra … and there’s really nothing wrong with the car at all; it drives and it has pep; Bluetooth, good gas mileage … but it wasn’t Loretta, it wasn’t tinted and it wasn’t mine. Plus, I work my ass off for my ride, so I think it’s only reasonable I wanted to have her back!
Anyway.
Right, so this semi was painted with sheep and was advertising some kind of mattress. I didn’t really pay attention to the brand (so the marketing is clearly working, right?) because I was so caught up in the saying on the back door. In big blue and yellow letters, the truck proclaimed that it was, ”Driving Home Your Dreams” with the ‘you’ being ubiquitous, of course.

What phrasing. The slogan caught me because I was driving that long stretch of 71 I know so well, heading north in pursuit of one of my dreams. Ironic that I’d find myself trailing a semi that was telling me it was doing the very thing I was ACTUALLY doing … and then it occurred to me …
Messages come in all shapes; the Universe speaks to those who are willing to listen. I turned off the Sho Beaz (super sick lyricist, check him) album I’d been listening to for the last hour, and just ruminated in my own silence, considering dreams and thankfulness and everything in between.
It gave me enough pause to thank the Universe, the world and the spirits that guide my life. Staring at those words was like hearing from a forgotten messenger; the more I considered them, the more impacting they became.
And so now here I am in the north once again, chasing this dream.

#thankfulthursday

No comments:

Post a Comment