25.7.15

Saturday Summary

Saturday Summary

Last week was tough – my Saturday Summary was evident of that. But this week has found me a bit more placid, a bit more accepting. The Universe is still throwing me curveballs, but I’m learning to duck and weave with a bit more grace.
Deadline week always puts me in a bit of a panic. I mean, I write all the time, and generally have my material ready to go … but this week found me working right up until my words were due to Duval. This isn’t like me at all; I’m typically more focused and able to put an extra layer of polish on my work before sending it off. No matter, I’m a writer, I live to procrastinate, but still. It seems to suggest that my work is shifting in new ways. I’ve written about being comfortable in the schedule and routine that I’ve developed for myself and to a point, that still holds true. But holy shit – finishing my work the DAY OF is not what I have in mind.
So that won’t be happening again.
Also this week, I realized what’s wrong with the novel I’ve been writing this year. The error is so apparent now that I see it! And, I’m stoked to get back to my pages with a fresh approach. I know that the changes I want and need to make will end up strengthening the work overall. Hurray!
Tomorrow, I get the pleasure of kickin’ it fam style with Efed, Ghost, Michee and all of the boys. It’s going to be rowdy and intense, I’m sure, but it’s also going to be fun. We haven’t all been together since forever, so I’m hoping the afternoon is one of those that keeps on stretching out.



No comments:

Post a Comment