21.8.15

Pickle Inspiration

Friday's Feature

Long before the thought of writing a daily blog entered my mind, and before I dared to call myself a writer in the true and pure sense of the word, Anya was busy tapping out her own truths, and living a writer's life.
I've written already about the ways in which this lovely lady came to be in my life, and I think it's possible that I could write and write about her. It seems every day there is something new I discover that leads me back to something she said, or rather, something she taught.
As a woman who takes on the challenge of teaching in urban and failing schools as her own personal crusade, Anya has found a way to touch not just my life, but countless lives of other students. She calls us her Pickles, and I know many a Withrow kid will know just what I mean by that.

Recently, Anya has returned to the classroom! Lucky students at a school in Kentucky are now able to learn from this brilliant woman. Ever vigilant about practicing what she preaches, she has been writing a blog about her experiences. Though i am not a classroom teacher (yet) and I don't intend on teaching in a secondary school, I love to read her words for inspiration, perspective and as validation that the outlook one chooses to keep on life shapes one's days.
Check it out and pass it along. Her words are valuable and her insight is clear.

1 comment:

  1. You honor me. I could not be more proud of you, my darling first pickle. I love you.

    ReplyDelete