15.2.15

Warrior Woman

At the gym this morning, I was working arms, chest, and back.  Most gym going folks dislike leg day, but that’s my favorite.  Bench press, flies, cable pulls – these are the exercises that are most difficult for me.  Maybe because my nature is one that would rather bear the load than push something away.  Maybe I’m reading too much into it and I just need to get stronger.  

Either way, I found myself in that mental quiet that comes when I’m lifting weights, and I realized that whatever I decide to do will be the right thing because it’s my decision.  I know I’m a strong woman; I know that the events that have shaped my life have been with purpose and not random or errant.  Anya calls me a Warrior Woman, and I have to believe that.  I have a strong network of wonderful people who want the best for me, who cheer me on when I'm feeling slow, who push me for one more rep.  Perhaps because of the emo bullshit that started Thursday evening, I'm finding myself so incredibly grateful for of these great connections I have with people in this world.  Thanks, y'all.  I wouldn't be able to do this without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment