25.2.15

One of Them

Ever have one of those days where all of a sudden the bottom of the to-do list suddenly gets done?  I slept soundly last night, after a fantastically shitty day.  I mean, it was a crayons-kick-rocks kind of day.  Work was for shit, plans for the evening weren’t clear, and meal prep took a long long time.  Skipped a bath in lieu of prep and conversation, and I went to sleep somewhat disjointed.  I woke to plans for the gym (#squatbooty), tea with 211, and pages.  I’m trying to address the Vata Pitta balance of food in my world, so I woke with that on my mind.
After making coffee, I found myself reassessing certain parts of my space – I hadn’t watered this poor garden in weeks!  

The faeries are likely to be a little pissed at me, to be sure.  But, that prompted a rearrange of my plants and the feng shui of my spot, which is always welcomed.  After I made amends with my faerie garden, I decided to tackle some of the bullshit I’ve been letting slide.  Finally took down and replaced a mini-blind that Rubin and I broke one drunken summer night last year; reattached a curtain rod, cleaned the fridge, scrubbed the tub, even swept the common area in my building … all shit that I leave go for a while until I can’t stand it.
I had a conversation the other day about having someone come in to clean an apartment or house.  The person with whom I was speaking suggested that it was the easiest way.  But I disagree.  I find a certain grace in doing the things I did this morning.  Not that any of it was glamorous; rather, it helps me center in a way that leaving a check on the counter for a cleaning person never has.  Maybe I’m in the minority here. 

All I know is after I returned from tea with 211, I felt a decided amount of gratitude walking into my space.  It felt fresh, making me feel fresh, making me excited for this upcoming season change, month change, mind change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment