23.2.15

Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner


B messaged me the other day out of the blue; he sent a photo of a jackfruit and asked if I was hip.  Now, I’m only part time vegan, so some of the world of granola cooking is still foreign to me, and I didn’t mind saying so.  Jackfruit is a superfood; pretty much the entire fruit is edible and offers some amazing nutrients.  It's a great thing to add to any diet, but even more so for those meat-free.  I guess, in a way, it's like the idea of adding gratitude to daily life.
In the course of the conversation, we dabbled on a few things that have been underneath the surface for a while, but came to no resolution.  I went to sleep wondering if what I’m seeking will ever come to fruition.
This morning, while making my trek into the burbs for work, I was listening to Gramtik and thinking about the ways of the world.  And a decided truth offered itself to me.  I wanted to stop my car, to get out and bellow a resounding Thank You to the Universe for giving me the answer to a question I have long been pondering.
Later in the morning, I messaged B a thank you, but didn’t go into detail.  It doesn’t matter the truth, or the question.  What matters is that finite instances of communication, coupled with clear thought ultimately produce results.  B graciously, albeit confusedly accepted my thanks, and then brought the conversation right back round to jackfruit, recipes, ways to prepare it.  The circularity of the exchange made me smile, and still makes me smile.  It was a nice reminder that even when I’m not actively looking for the truth, the truth will find me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment